The Perl Renaissance
The Perl Renaissance is in full swing. Object frameworks and syntax have been undated, web frameworks are easy and powerful, and modules are easy to manage and install.
* Overhauling Perl's Object Oriented framework with Moose.
* Using MooseX::Method::Signatures for beautiful classes.
* Building web applications using Dancer
* Not worrying about web servers by using Plack.
* Critiquing your code with Perl::Critic
* Write amazing regexps with named captures.
* Install new modules quickly and easily with cpanminus
* Manage Perl installations easily with perlbrew
* A whole swag of new features with perl 5.10–5.16
* Much, much more!
Paul Fenwick is the managing director of Perl Training Australia, and has been teaching computer science for over a decade. He is an internationally acclaimed presenter at conferences and user-groups worldwide, where he is well-known for his humour and off-beat topics.
In his spare time, Paul’s interests include security, mycology, cycling, coffee, scuba diving, and lexically scoped user pragmata.